Welcome to the Fulton County Amateur Radio Club 6 Meter Group. Our goal is to promote interest in the use of the 6 meter band, report on 6 meter openings, and discuss the best ways to make use of this frequency.
The 6-meter band is a portion of the VHF radio spectrum allocated to amateur radio use. Although located in the lower portion of the VHF band, it nonetheless occasionally displays propagation mechanisms characteristic of the HF bands. This normally occurs close to sunspot maximum, when solar activity increases ionization levels in the upper atmosphere. During the last sunspot peak of 2005, worldwide 6 meter propagation occurred making 6 meter communications as good as or in some instances and locations, better than HF frequencies. The prevalence of HF characteristics on this VHF band has inspired amateur operators to dub it the "magic band".
VHF and Six Meter Propagation Reports
SIMPLEX NETS EVERY THURSDAY AT 8:00pm.
These nets are usually run by KB8ELG out of Delta, OH.
- 1st Thursday of the month at 8:00pm: AM Net on 50.400. If you don't hear us on 52.525, try 50.400 and check your mode!
- 2nd Thursday of the month at 8:00pm: FM Simplex Net on 52.525
- 3rd Thursday of the month at 8:00pm: Sideband Net on 50.125. Dust off the sideband equipment and join us on 50.125 (USB).
- 4th and 5th Thursday of the month at 8:00pm: FM Simplex Net on 52.525
- On the 5th Thursday, break out the military gear and check in on this special edition net.
OTHER 6 METER NETS in NW Ohio:
- Thursday 9:00pm Upper Side Band (USB) net on 50.260. This net is run out of Toledo.
- Saturday 8:00pm Upper Side Band (USB) net on 50.170. This is run out of western Fulton County by KD8IME.
Six Meter Band Plan Reference
|50.125||SSB National Calling Frequency|
|50.300||FM Calling Frequency West Coast|
|50.400||AM Calling Frequency|
|50.600||50.800||Non Voice Communications|
|51.000||51.100||Pacific DX Window|
|51.200||51.480||FM Repeater Inputs|
|51.700||51.980||FM Repeater Outputs|
|52.060||52.480||FM Repeater Inputs|
|52.525||FM National Simplex Calling Frequency|
|52.560||52.980||FM Repeater Outputs|
|53.040||53.480||FM Repeater Inputs|
|53.540||53.980||FM Repeater Outputs|